MAKE IT A MERRY THRIFTMAS
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and if you don’t want to max your credit card this silly season, skip your local shopping mall and try scoring some secondhand goods at your local thrift store!
Aside from saving you A LOT OF COIN, there are so many good reasons for thrifting gifts this Christmas…
1. It’s personalized…it’s not your standard chocolates and candle combo. It’ll be quirky and unique.
2. It’s kind on the planet…you’ll be saving things from ending up in landfill just by recycling!
3. You’ll be helping charities at the same time, right when they need the funds most.
4. There won’t be any chance of present double ups!
5. You won’t have trouble finding a carpark and you won’t have to deal with the hordes of frantic people doing their last minute Christmas shopping!
- Sisters, mums, work colleagues, or aunties: cute mugs, tea pots or cup and saucer combos and throw in a box of fancy tea from T2 #boom
- Dads, brothers and boyfriends: wallets, men’s shirts, bow-ties and books
- Besties: 90s DVDs like Clueless, vintage handbags, wine or martini glasses, or a cute vase finished off with a bunch of christmas flowers, eucalyptus foliage or peonies
- Nieces, nephews and grandchildren: baby’s shoes, toys and board games…there’s always so many at the opshops
- Mums, dads, nannas and poppas: recycle some photo frames and pop ultra cute pictures of yourself in them…they froth on that stuff!
What have you bought secondhand for your family and friends this Christmas? Share your thrifted gifts in the comments below (I promise I won’t tell them!)…
Pictured above: brand new Havaianas baby thongs – $6 and VW leather wallet – $5 @ Windsor Rd Thrift shop Red Hill, Oroton shorts – $4 @ Yesterday’s Thrift Shop West End, Cotton On men’s button down – $5 @ Salvos Alderley and quirky mug – $1 @ Yesterday’s Thrift Shop Rosalie